-->

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Family Vacation

There is nothing funner than Summer Vacations. This year we had the opportunity to go to California. 

Monday we went to the beach and rode bikes from Venice beach to Santa Monica
 Rex didn't know what to think about the helmet



my dad loved going really fast, it was hard to keep up with him but Rex loved it




 Stopped for a little picture taking



trying to teach Rex to long board




then we made our way down to the beach. I just love this picture of Roxy and Rex


 still a little unsure about the sand 



 this face makes me laugh so hard. Its so cute!




 pointing at the waves



 he loves playing with my hair



 when the waves retracted he felt like the floor was moving so he kept leaning back. It was hilarious



 so excited to see all that water




after playing with it for a few minutes, he loved the sand 




 our fam bam


Rex ended up falling asleep on our way back to the car

We played volleyball girls against boys best out of 3 and the boys won :( we were sore losers 




Day 2 we decided to go down to huntington beach. 
 I always dreamed of the day I would get to play with beach toys with my kids



 I feel like a kid again



pointing at the sand





 he loves his abuelo!


 in love





 he loves attacking me




 running into the arms of his abuela



 ready for some more fun



 these two love birds



 They have tooo much fun together




 ready to get dirty... abuela dug him a ditch and made castles around him



 loved hanging out in his hole




 just keep digging!!!





 after getting all sandy, it was time to rinse of with some nice salty water



 he was pulling me and wanted to get in the water so bad. What he didnt know is how cold that water was





he was starting to feel the cold




still pretty chill




 about to go under





he didnt like it very much




 sooo cold... brrrr





 all he wanted was a warm towel




haha both our faces are screaming "this is sooo cold!!"




i decided that it was time to get out




but not before some abuela cuddles




 he wouldn't let go of me. all the wanted to do was cuddle. I didn't object




I dried him off and fed him... he was in heaven




 some beach volleyball going on










The 3rd day we went to California Adventures



First ride was the swinging farris wheel. My mom hated it sooo much 

 second ride was California screaming




looks super excited to be here




doing good so far




tower of terror





so tough (wearing a purse)





then we got to ride Cars






first try


second try





love these girls!!







then we waited in line to ride monsters inc. Dad looks ecstatic to have Rex on his shoulders 






all of us





after making my mom ride cars with us







this picture sums up the day.

After 15 hours or being at Disneyland, we called it quits at 11 pm.

We headed back to Phoenix the next day. The memories we made will last us a lifetime.




this is a video my sister made of our trip


Cali family trip 2013✌ from Roxy Rodriguez on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment