-->

Monday, September 16, 2013

Colombia/Mexico Adventure

I am so excited to share with you our 2 week adventure to see friends and family in Bogota Colombia and Mexico City. We got a wedding invitation in February from our Colombian family. Angela Marin was to get married in France in June. Unfortunately we were not able to make it to their wedding ceremony but thankfully, they had a reception planned in Bogota in August. We booked our flight and were fortunate to be able to make a 5 day delay in Mexico where my family lives. Here is how it all began:

Waiting for our Adventure to start at the Phoenix airport



We ended up sleeping on the floor at the Mexico City airport



Needless to say, Than didn't get much sleep


We finally made it to Bogota and went roaming downtown


These guys are pretty awesome. They showed us around their beautiful city



Reunited with my highschool BFF. Hadn't seen her in over 10 years!


We picked up right where we left off



Than was reunited with his delicious cheese empanadas 



Angela got serenated at her rehearsal dinner. I obviously loved every second of it.



Saturday was such a fun day filled with hairstyling, makeup applying and wedding funness




This was taken outside of the church where they got married. 


I felt like a princess in this dress. 



The beautiful couple walking down the isle



Let the celebration begin!



Of course Than was ecstatic for all the dancing 



Masquerade! 
We had the best of times at Angela's wedding, they had exquisite food and live music, even fireworks. It was the bomb.com






The next day, we went to Marias farm in Northern Bogota for a delicious bbq 
and it was rainy and beautiful outside





The next day, we went sight seeing and had the opportunity to stop by the LDS temple



Then we went to a beautiful neighborhood that reminds
 me of the neighbohood I grew up in Mexico City




Than loves to flip me upside down (even while I was carrying his tiny baby in my belly, as pictured)





He also loved to take "artistic" pictures at crazy angles





We stopped at a beautiful market to have lunch with the Marin's 




Then drove up to a look put point to see the sun setting behind the beautiful city



After a long day of sight seeing, I got to facetime with my little Rex. I am so glad I got to see him, I was having so much fun but was also having a hard time not having Rex with me 24/7.
 Thank goodness for technology! 




Our last day in Colombia, we had the opportunity of going to El Dorado 
(yes the same El Dorado as the Disney movie) 




This is where the "gold" was supposedly hidden


The cool trail we got to hike




Finally, at the end of the day, I called my mom to see how things were going with Rex, and this is how we all answered the phone. I swear we didn't plan it.







MEXICO!!!


We took a red eye and got to Mexico City in the morning and my Aunt Laura took us downtown to see el Palacio de Bellas Artes and to walk around and experience the city. 





We walked to the Zocalo, one of the largest public squares in the world





My aunt wanted to take a picture of us walking around like we were celebrities haha. I love her



Mexican candy, yumm!!



Than hated going shopping





The next day was our anniversary and we traveled a couple hours away from the city to where my cousin lives. I got to meet my little cousins and see my uncle whom I hadn't seen in over 12 years.





Than read a few books on this vacation



This is our anniversary picture. Happy 4 years love!




The next day we went to a beautiful city where we walked around, shopped and took pictures. We enjoyed the time we got to spend with family. We also went to a water park and made many unforgettable memories




We loved this church. The town was so picturesque.





Meet my sweet grandma on my dads side. She has always been a great example of the woman I want to become. Love her to pieces!




My cousin and I were best of friends growing up. 





The whole bunch at a lookout in Queretaro



My grandpa is the sweetest funniest old man I know





Look out point of the aqueducts 




My cousin Diana has the cutest little boy, Axel.



We also visited one of the largest rock formations in the world. I wanted so badly to rock climb it!!



After 2 weeks of fun filled adventures, we were so excited to come home and see little Rex. I will never forget the places we went to and hope to someday come back. 

Hope you enjoyed reading this post! 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful trip! Did I read right? or miss an announcement? tiny baby in belly?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never mind! Totally re-read that and noticed the other picture. I was reading it on my phone the first time and I couldn't see that one! haha

      Delete
  2. Hooray! Loved reading this post. The pics are awesome! So glad yall had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete