-->

Monday, September 1, 2014

Visiting the big apple


I am so excited to share our trip to NYC with you. We had the pleasure of touring the city for the first time back in 2011. Unfortunately we were only there for a couple of days and did not get to experience much. This time, I made sure to make extra time to see more and do more. This is us in april 2011


We first found out that we were going to NYC a few months back when Than booked his flight to take boards in Philly. We then decided to make a trip out of it and celebrate our 5 yr anniversary while we were at it. 

Than ended up having to stay in philly a little longer than expected but it ended up working out perfect.
I was able to stay with my highschool/college roommate Chelsie in Long Island (about 1.5 hr train ride from the city). 

So here is my first alone train ride from JFK international airport to Chelsie's house in long island.


I was so scared I was going to get mugged. I kept my eyes peeled and wished that I hadn't traveled with my gorgeous michael khors bag haha 



After a long 5 hr flight, I still had an hour long train ride... I was ready to be done with traveling. 

I finally got to Chelsie’s cute town in Long Island called Pachogue, and its seriously the cutest little town I’ve ever seen. They live downtown in a gorgeous new apartment and theres all these cute little shops right downstairs. Me and Chelsie went exploring right after I got there. I was so excited to catch up and explore the town. 

We went to a cute little deck by a bay and talked while we watched the sunset (It was pretty romantic and we were both husbandless haha) We then walked to the store to get some much needed candy and coke 0 (ironic) and headed back to her apartment. We got ready for bed because we were getting up early in the morning to go to the beach to boogie board and skimboard. 





The next morning we headed to the beach and its was in the 70’s, I thought it was too cold to get in so i hung back for a few minutes.

Then I realized I just had to forget my 110 internal Arizonan thermometer and jump in. We had so much fun boogieboarding and I lovead learning to skimboard (eventho I was pretty horrible at it haha)










We then went back to the apartment and got ready for the day. Me and Chels went and got our nails done, had some delicious margharita pizzas and shopped around downtown. I found the cute wine and cheese place where you go in and decide what cheeses you want to sample and they pair them up with wine. We didn’t try the wine but I totally bought a pack of the to go Swiss cheese just like the one we had had in Switzerland in 2011. 


We then went to a cute small authentic italian restaurant where we ordered and shared lobster ravioli. Not as good as tutti santi’s ravioli here in scottsdale but a runner up non the less. 




We went back to the apartment and got ready to rest for our adventure in the city the next day. 



Friday morning rolled around and we rode the train into the city. We met Than at Penn station in manhattan and went up to Maddison Square garden to see it/ see if they had tickets for the basketball USA vs Puerto Rico game. Fortunately for Than, they did so we were set to go for that night. 

Riding the train into NYC
Penn Station

 Than's Favorite place


 We then headed down south to canal street which is where you want to go for knock offs. I was in shopping heaven. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a lot of room in my bags to take everything i wanted home, so I just grabbed some faux Ray Bans and gifts for my family back home (they REALLY deserved them for watching Rex for us) 

Then we walked through China Town on our way to ground 0. When we got to ground 0, it looked a lot different than it did 3 years ago. They had finshed the memorial and it looked fantastic. There were names of the fallen victims around the waterfall. What a beautiful tribute. 

 Pictured are my faux Ray Bans


Where one of the towers stood

he loves to kiss me in public

Biggest flower I've ever seen
 China town



We headed over to take a ferry out to the statue of liberty. We ended up wondering aimlessly for at least an hour trying to find where this ferry was leaving from. Once we got there we were happy to get on the ship and get to the statue. Its definitely a work of art and such a strong symbol of what we stand for. We were able to go up to the pedestal where you could look up at her really close.
 her feet
Than was thrilled to take yet one more picture 
 Me and chela overlooking the hudson river and the NYC skyline



We then headed back to the main island, had some of the most amazing pizza for dinner and headed to our basketball game while our friends went to Phantom. It was neat to see some of the players up close like Derrick Rose and James Harden. 


We had a a long trip home but it was well worth it. We had been up since 6 am and didnt get home till 1 am. What a long day!!

seriously, best pizza… EVER


 My favorite!!



My hair was a mess by the end of the day but my outfit was still going strong


at the USA vs Puerto Rico game!




The next day, me and than ventured back to the city but could not wake up earlier than 11 am. So we got to the city, got some tickets to les mis at the discount ticket office (well Than stood in line while i went to Inglot, a makeup counter) I then went to the MAC store right in times square and talked to some of  the nicest MAC artist. I seriously dont know how they can work at such a busy location. I would go insane!! 


Makeup of the day


Gelato at the train station


 Outfit of the day in times square with the sign for the MAC store in the back

While Than stood in line, I took a selfie with cookie monster. It meant a lot to Rex






We then headed up town and saw central park and ate the most deliciuos belgian waffles with whipped cream and nutella and strawberries. I died and went to heaven. We then went to the famous restaurant Serendipity and their wait was ridiculously long so we just got a pack of diy frozen hot chocolate. I knew Chelsie would be so happy to have it! 





We headed back to the city just in time to snap a few shots of times square and go to our show. I totally forgot how much I love Les Mis and the music and was already crying when the first song came on. I loved every second of it. The cast was unbelievable and had the most beautiful voices I had ever heard. I am so glad we went. 

The play got out later than we thought so we ended up missing our train home. Fortunatley there was one going out at 12:45 am (ahhh so late!!) so I took the oportunity to get some more delicious pizza. My feet were bleeding from so much walking but I just had to get one more slice~







The next day, I had pizza for breakfast with some delicious frozen hot chocolate (best breakfast ever)
We look so hot with no makeup on ;)


 We then headed out to the hamptons to see their famous beaches. Unfortunately there was absolutely no parking available. Instead we headed downtown to grab some lunch. As we were walking, I came across a window display and say a humongous ring and I couldnt believe its size. I had chelsie come in with me and I asked to try it on. They took me back to a diamond room and let me try it on. The sales rep informed me that it was a 12 carat ring and when I saw the price tag, I couln’t believe how many 0’s I saw. I was wearing, on my finger a $1,000,000 ring. I quickly gave it back cause i didnt want to accidentally drop it. I thought for a few minutes how cool that would be to have a ring that big, but then again, I would be scared to get mugged all the time so maybe I’ll just stick to my 2 carat.








We ate at a delicious asian place and headed back to their apartment to catch a train to the airport. I had been wanting to go to a small boutique just outside of Chelsie’s apartment and I am so glad we went because I found a cute engraved necklace and a darling bracelet that I just had to have. My trip was complete with that last purchase~ 



We headed home to see our darling little boy and to relieve our families from his 2 year old craziness. 


Overall, I would say I love New York 
Big thanks to all those who helped watch Rex while we were gone and
to Chelsie and Matt for showing us around their new home. Love you guys! 


Here are my outfit details and where I got my inspiration:



Top is from Shade, skit is Ixchel's creation shoes are on like in next pic 
and floppy hat is from last chance




Wardrobe all from Nordstrom. Similar blush pink shoes, Blush pink jeans, Michael Kors watch, Stamped necklace, Similar Michael Kors Hamilton bag




Wardrobe all from Nordstrom. Faux Ray Ban sunnies, Sam Edelman sandals

Thanks for reading xoxo




1 comment:

  1. So fun! I want to see Les Mis on Broadway SOOO bad! Love your makeup & outfits! Is the pic of Rex at the end a recent pic? He looks much younger...? Haha love the cookie monster pic too. I'm so glad you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete