-->

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Moving into a house… finally

I am so excited to write about our new adventure moving into our first house. Since Rex has been mobil, I have wanted a back yard so badly to let him run wild and free. We looked for a long time and finally found a house that would fit our needs. Its is a little bigger than we wanted to but can't complain for having more space right?



Its a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom home with the perfect makeup/laundry room downstairs right by the garage. This allows me to have clients over for makeup lessons or trials in my home. I love that. 

We moved in on a friday and were completely unpacked by monday thanks to my mom helping me unpack the kitchen that same night we moved in. I love all the room I have in my kitchen. Its got lots of cupboard space which is something our tiny kitchen in our apartment lacked. 




We had our first dinner for breakfast which is one of our favorite things to eat soon after we moved in

Of course, I got to decorating as soon as possible and decided on a white and tiffany blue color combo for the kitchen, white and navy blue for the family room and gray and orange in the living room. 



Than doesn't get why we need a living room (or formal room) but I have dreamt of having a place to be able to receive guests for a long time. 

This is me after cleaning this cute black and white chevron rug in 107 degree weather



not too long after moving in, my sweet father in law helped us put in our garden containing, lettuce, cilantro, broccoli, beets and green onions. The lettuce sprouted about a month after we planted it and we could not be more grateful to have such delicious fresh salads almost everyday.


A month after we moved in, we had the great pleasure of having Than's sister Connie and her husband Tom move in with us. It was such a blessing to have them around. They helped us a ton with Rex, especially when Than was gone all of December. They moved out at the beginning of January and we miss them lots already.


I hosted a little craft/girls night where everyone brought a project they were working on and we all worked on it together without interruptions. This is the craft I made for halloween 



We are so grateful to be able to live close to family again. Its been a real blessing to have found something within 5 miles from both sets of parents. 
Hope you enjoyed this post. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment