-->

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Potty Training Rex

       The dreaded day had come. I decided to potty train Rex right before he turned 19 months because I had heard that cloth diapered toddlers learned much faster because they hate the feeling of a soaking wet piece of cloth. Boy was I wrong. Its been 4 months and we are finally getting to the point that he will tell us he has to go. I definitely did not expect it to take that long, but talking with friends that have little boys they have informed me that 4 months is not long at all. That makes me feel much better.

      I tried the 3 day method where all you do is stay inside (or in your backyard) and potty train the whole time. This method might work on kids closer to 3 years of age since they understand much better and can tell when they have to go but Rex barely had any bladder control so it took a bit longer.

      Nevertheless, we had lots of fun taking pictures of his potty training days that we would like to share with you.



First up, lost of salty snacks and water mixed with juice so he would have to go a lot


He was so sweet wanting to share with me


potty treats ready to be given if he went pee in the potty



Look at those chunky legs. I just want to eat them.





 It was actually a really frustrating process, cleaning all the pee off the floor and going back and forth from the potty to the pee spot, but this cute face made it all worth it.



Trying to put the straw in his juice box takes concentration




We FaceTimed with grandparents and aunties to tell them he had gone potty. He loved this the most



 by the end of the day, had used up all his undies so we just let him run around naked. Daddy gave me a break and took over building towers with him.




I don't doubt the 3 day method works on older children and I may try this again with my future children when they're older. I am so very glad tho that I rarely have to clean a poopy cloth diaper anymore and Rex is only 21 months old. Its definitely a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment